
According to ProtectMarriage.com, marriage should be a union between a man and a woman. It should be this way in order to raise healthy and happy children in a traditional family.
I read through the website in its entirety, and that's literally the only argument they had against allowing gay marriage...keeping the traditional idea of a family unit. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! That is the LAMEST excuse I've ever heard for simply being scared that gay families may out-family their own families!! Having two men or two women raise children does not mean that a child is only going to have father figures or only going to have mother figures. If this were so, then how can our government allow and recognize divorce between two people once they have had children? If a mother is divorced or widowed and left with children, isn't it true that she will become both the mother AND father figure for her children? Therefore, if there can be two men or two women fulfilling these roles, how can that possibly not be even better for a child's life?
Let's also talk about abusive or alcoholic parents. Is that the best environment for a traditional family lifestyle? Of course not. So why is it that people are so scared of allowing two loving people who truly want to raise children this opportunity, when there are so many people out there who do not want or should not be allowed to raise the children that they have.So how about we stop pretending like just because two people are homosexual they cannot raise a functional family. These "untraditional" families may prove to be twice the parents that most people will ever be!
3 comments:
I love your topic, I love your viewpoint and I especially love your passion.
I hate this argument and the similar ones to it...that some people have the audacity to think that because a child has two fathers or mothers that there is no alternative but for the child to "become gay" itself. Auuuugh.
I am a captive audience. Keep up the great work. Also, I love the little guy in the picture. :]
Great point! Same sex couples are equally capable of raising a child and family the same way as anyone else. Great start I can't wait to read more :)
Post a Comment